Indefinite Leave to Remain and Permanent Residency
For individuals that wish to settle in the UK on a permanent basis, attaining Indefinite Leave to Remain is an important milestone. It opens the door to applying for British Citizenship a year later, and allows greater freedom as to employment. Most importantly, once you attain ILR, you know longer need to worry about your visa expiring!
There are several different ways in which an individual can qualify for ILR or Permanent Residence. You can find further information specific to your situation by following the relevant link below:
- Five years in the UK as a Work Permit or Tier 2 visa holder;
- Five years in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) visa holder;
- Two years in the UK as the Spouse or Partner of a British Citizen or Settled Person;
- Ten years in the UK with any combination of visas;
- Five years in the UK as an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national.
Please note that time spent in the UK whilst holding other categories of visa may also lead to qualification for ILR. Please contact us for further information if you believe that you may qualify for ILR on the basis of time spent in a different category to the ones detailed above.
We offer comprehensive services in relation to ILR applications, including same-day appointments. You can find details of our fees here.
We are normally able to offer our 110% refund guarantee (depending on the results of our free initial assessment and in straightforward cases) for our clients’ complete peace of mind.
If you are interested in making an ILR application and would like a free initial assessment, please contact us.