UK Work Permits is not part of the Home Office: the official body for visa applications in the UK, and is not affiliated with it. We are a leading consultancy specialising in UK immigration. If you would like to prepare and submit your UK immigration application yourself you can do so by visiting the Official UKVI website. The specialist legal services we offer cannot be obtained directly from the Home Office. To find out more about these services, please read our FAQs.

Contact Us for Assistance
020 3405 3180
Contact the Home Office
0300 123 2241

Work permit holders – change of employment applications

If an individual holds a work permit (issued under the rules in place before 27th November 2009), and the individual wishes to work for a different, this situation must now be dealt with through Tier 2 of the Points Based System. The new potential employer will need to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for the individual. In order to be able to do this, the new employer will need to hold a valid Sponsor’s Licence. Once the Certificate of Sponsorship has been issued to the individual, the individual will need to make an application for Further Leave to Remain under Tier 2 of the Points Based System.

Employers who don’t currently hold a Sponsor’s Licence can see more information about the process of obtaining a licence, or contact us to discuss their situation.

Employers who do hold a licence but have concerns about general compliance or use of the new system should also contact us or see more information about the arguments for outsourcing the administration of the Sponsor Management System.

Individuals who hold work permits and have begun discussing and considering a possible move to another employer should try to obtain answers to the following questions:

  • Does the potential new employer currently hold a Sponsor’s Licence?
  • Is the potential new employer willing to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship?
  • Is the potential employer completely confident about their own compliance and use of the new system?

For an individual who is currently a work permit holder, it is important to understand that the process of obtaining permission to work for another employer must involve the new employer. If the new employer requires help regarding this, then we can provide it. Indeed, many employers choose to outsource management of the entire system to UK Work Permits Ltd.


Contact Us


Please enter the CAPTCHA code in the box above