Thank you for your enquiry. We will aim to respond as soon as we can, and within one working day at the latest

Important information

You have stated that you need a UK employer to sponsor your "work visa". Please read the following information carefully. UK Work Permits Ltd is not able to find employers for individuals, and we do not source candidates for employers. We are not involved in recruitment, or in bringing employers and individuals together. It is essential to have an employer in order to obtain a visa under Tier 2 of the Points Based System. However, there are some circumstances in which individuals can gain permission to work and remain in the UK through other routes. Please see below for a list of the most common alternatives:

Tier 1 (General) and Tier 1 (Post Study Work)

Tier 1 (General) is a route for highly skilled individuals, wishing to make the UK their home. Individuals can score points in the key areas of education, age, previous earnings, and UK experience. If an individual scores enough points, and can demonstrate this as well as the ability to meet English language and financial requirements (maintenance funds) then they should qualify. Tier 1 (General) status does not relate to any particular employer - participants can work for any employer, or be self-employed, or establish a business. As with the rest of the Points Based System, an applicant needs to score enough points in order to qualify. There are no exceptions. If a person does not score enough points, or cannot provide the required evidence of their attributes, then they will not qualify. Tier 1 (Post Study Work) applies to individuals who have successfully studied at degree level at a UK university. Individuals who have graduated, or are due to graduate from a UK university with a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, PhD or a post-graduate certificate or diploma may be able to remain in the UK under the Post Study Work sub-category of Tier 1 of the Points Based System. As with the rest of Tier 1 of the Points Based System, the Post-Study Work subcategory does not require the involvement of any employer to “sponsor” the application – Instead the application is completely driven by the individual, who, if successful, will have the right to work freely within the UK for a period of two years. This category is of course only applicable to those who are studying, or have recently been studying, at a UK university. The Post Study Work category is supposed to be a transitional route into a more long-term category (e.g. Tier 2 or Tier 1 (General)). A Post Study Work visa therefore cannot be extended beyond the 2-year period. For those able to make a large financial investment in the UK, it may also be worth exploring whether they qualify under Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) or Tier 1 (Investors) routes.

Ancestry Visas

This route applies to commonwealth nationals over the age of 17 where a grandparent was born in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or in some cases, the Republic of Ireland. Applicants should be able to (and intend to) work in the UK, and be able to support themselves (and any dependants) without recourse to public funds. Successful applicants will be given leave to enter the UK for a period of five (5) years.

Youth Mobility - Tier 5

Individuals between the ages of 18 and 31 may be eligible for entry to the UK under the Youth Mobility subcategory of tier 5 of the Points Based System. The countries currently involved in this scheme are Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. This visa enables people to remain in the UK for up to 2 years, and work during this time. It is not available to those with dependent children, or those who have participated in the UK Youth Mobility or working holiday schemes previously.

Family Connections and Asylum

If an individual is not eligible for any of the categories above, then it is unlikely that we are able to assist an individual who is currently based outside of the UK. The main remaining possibilities are likely to be for people who wish to gain permission to enter / remain and work in the UK on the basis of either asylum claims, or direct family connections to the UK (e.g. a spouse or unmarried partner). UK Work Permits Ltd does not deal with asylum claims.

We hope that the information presented here has provided you with further clarity. Due our understanding that you need to find a UK employer, we will not be providing an individual response in addition to what is shown here. However, if you wish to explore any of the options above in more detail, or have further questions, please feel free to contact us.